Kathryn E. Mills is the Louisiana-based illustrator and printmaker behind Légende Artwerks. Each illustration preserves the words of stories retold around kitchen tables and on back porches. The combination of hand lettering with expressive illustrations transforms memory into artwork for treasuring and sharing.
Mills' work featuring the linoleum block printmaking method specifically favors the traditional culinary ingredients and historic landmarks of South Louisiana. Linocuts are available for purchase in the online shop and at the Légende Artwerks tent where Mills participates monthly in the St. Gabriel Farmer's Market in St. Gabriel, LA.
A 2011 Grace College & Seminary alumna, Mills received a BA in Illustration and German. She has created illustration work for local and international businesses and has taught art in private schools. She resides in Sunshine, Louisiana with her aircraft mechanic of a husband, two hungry, imaginative children and three adopted cats.
- New Orleans Magazine, New Orleans, LA
- Aline, Women's Clothing Brand, Iseo, Italy
- Lisa Tawn Bergren, Author
- Manners of the Heart, Baton Rouge, LA
- Istrouma Brewing Company, St. Gabriel, LA
- Louisiana Family Forum, Baton Rouge, LA
- Lisa Tudor, Author
- Kim Winston Bigler, Author